Friday, September 11, 2009

More Bill

The Napa Valley shrinks smaller and smaller.

Friends invited me to a soiree along the Napa River last night. I was running late and on my way I got a text from Bill: "Hey, I'm at this party on the Napa River. Thought we could hang out." Even though the Valley is small, it did seem a little wild that Bill would be at this party, since his town is a whole 30 minutes away--in good traffic.

I was happy to see him, though. I've missed him--as I've said--and I realize this is entirely unfair. I think it must be day-to-day stress that has me reminiscing about all of the good times.

Anyway, Bill didn't realize I had friends at this party, and I think he might have been surprised at that. (He had to be startled when Very Taken Joe--tall and quite handsome--greeted me with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.) We talked a little, and then he drifted off--rather purposefully, I think--and so did I.

Tomorrow I'm headed into SF for a pre-Oktoberfest party. I had to rustle up a stein for the occasion. I found a cheap one, which I just know is going to stand out like a sore thumb. Where does one find a good stein outside of Germany? Aside from container issues, I have high hopes of meeting someone interesting ...

2 comments:

  1. How was the party? And how far are you from SF? Is it close enough that you could dip into the dating pool there on a regular basis?

    (assuming you can find some straight men there, that is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clearly do very well at parties. Keep at 'em. This is the time of year when men's hunting becomes more serious.

    ReplyDelete