Saturday, October 31, 2009

Two Phone Calls + Two Dates in Two Days

Last night I asked my friend, Matilda (not her name), her thoughts on Separated Mark. "You dated when you were separated, right? Am I being unreasonable?" I asked.

"I had sex when I was separated. I wasn't anywhere near ready for a relationship," she said and raised her eyebrows to emphasize the truth. Fair enough. I will let Mark off the hook.

Already this morning I've been on the phone with Guy #1 and Guy #2 (who will get actual names if our impending dates go well). The phone is exhausting to me, you know? But necessary. Very necessary. Guy #1 is on the shyer side but interesting and attractive in his profile--both in pictures and written words. He has a charming sense of humor. I felt the ping of attraction in our exchanges. Guy #2 is much chattier but we have things in common ... No ping of attraction, but who knows? I felt comfortable enough in our conversation that I agreed to meet him tomorrow.

Guy #1 and I are meeting in a couple of hours. Whew! Whirlwind days here.

UPDATE: A wonderful first date with Guy #1, as luck would have it, which has me worried since I know that the chance of this working out are so slim. The date lasted five hours and I enjoyed every moment of it. He's cute and humble and shy. That kind of guy I want to eat up with a spoon!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great guy! What makes you think the chances are slim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five hours is a *good* date. Every first date I had that lasted that long (maybe two...?) led to something significant. I'm eager to hear more about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliette: Oh, I guess I am just being cautious, because in my own experience (and from reading dating blogs) I know how often great first dates fizzle into nothing. My hopes are up on this one, though. Can't help it!

    Mimi: Thanks!! I truly hope it does lead to something significant.

    ~Ruby

    ReplyDelete