Thursday, October 22, 2009

That's Not My Bag

New rule: I am not responding to men without their pictures.

I know, you're saying to yourselves, "Oh, Ruby! That's the first rule of online dating!" Well, I had it as a quasi rule before, and now it is a freakin' firm rule.

Why? I only have a moment to tell you before I rush to work.

BigD contacted me the other night. No pic, brief profile. What the heck? I was bored. I emailed him after work yesterday--something light and fluffy. He wrote back and I let the email sit. I try not to judge a person by their writing, knowing that many people can't arrange words to they adequately express themselves. But red flag: He wanted to meet right away. Um, I haven't even seen your picture, and I don't know anything about you! His last question "Have you read my profile ... All of it?" made me curious. He must have a clue in there because his profile was quite scant of info.

So this morning, while thinking of how to handle the sitch, I looked at his profile and googled his latest reads. My friends, the man is looking for a Dominant.

Next!

4 comments:

  1. Um...? Big D would have been the clue for me. Any man who brags about a big anything is bad news. Hang in there - you'll figure it out again. BTW, there's a lot of good blogging material online these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juliette--BigD happens to be the moniker I gave him (fitting I thought--ha) but you are so right! Handles and no pics are both very telling--or can be. And yes--at least I've got some good blogging material! More to come, I'm sure. ~Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least he provided some entertainment... for you, AND for us! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My experience w. no pics:

    1) you can ask them to send one and sometimes they do

    2) sometimes doctors, therapists, shrinks, don't want to be recognized by their patients but will send you a pic privately

    3) i, too, ignored men w/out pics -- as i think i told you before, match's computer was trying to connect funny guy (my bf) and me from february through may, but he had no pic, so i ignored him until may, when he posted a pic. -- -- and that timing turned out to be fine.

    so ask them for a pic, and if they won't send,
    tough titties for them.

    ReplyDelete