Monday, October 12, 2009

The Profile

A storm is rushing towards the West Coast and here in the Napa Valley people are scrambling to get their grapes in--or hoping to ride out the storm.

Me, I am enjoying this blustery turn to the weather, though wishing I'd managed to clear the gutters.

I spoke with Evan Marc Katz Friday. Interesting guy. As in online dating, the image you have in your head never quite gels with your mental image. (Evan is a lot more energetic than I had envisioned.) Interesting conversation, though. I wanted to go through with it; I wanted to sign up for one of his profile/coaching packages. But in the end, the phone consultation hours just don't work for me--and the price was steeper than I had anticipated. (Well worth it, I'm sure, but food on the table and a roof over the head are also valuable. And so a girl makes her choices.)

On Sunday I went on a photo shoot jaunt with a woman I've worked with for other projects. I can't wait to see the results--she's really good at capturing a person as she is. Now if I just didn't have these bags under my eyes ...

So, yes, things are progressing as far as The Profile is concerned. Work is hectic at the moment, though, so that may put a chink in the momentum.

Scary stuff, going back online. Here's hoping I meet someone in "real life" who can rescue me from that particular horror ...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's not my photo either. I'm much better looking. :)

    Inexpensive coaching can be had at www.findingtheoneonline.com. Lemme know if you like it. Thanks again for your interest in my service, Ruby... Stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Evan! You're one of my favorites for straight-up dating advice. And thanks for the link--I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete