Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A More Better Profile

A quick question: Doesn't a 49-year-old male who is searching for women aged 18-65 sound really suspicious? At the very least, he's throwing it all against the wall to see what will stick.

I'm working on getting some cuter pictures on my profile. And by "cuter" I mean "sexier." Nothing overt, mind you. I think my attractiveness comes from the way I carry myself, etc, not from an abundance of cleavage. I wouldn't want to have a crazy-hot, staged shot on my profile and then not live up to it in person, you know? But I do realize that I have to be clickable. Must hunt through my summer-wear and see what can be done ...

Mostly, this Match thing reminds me of college, where the guys just weren't asking the ladies out much--and the ones that were, were fatally flawed in some way or other. (see the 49yo dude at top)

2 comments:

  1. Well, it took me almost 3 years (ages 59 - 62) to find the right man on Match (I also used jdate, but Match turned out to work better). I met a lot of good, eligible men, and I got very good at screening. It turns out that though I met the Final man, Funny Guy, my now-and-forever bf, in MAY, Match had been sending me his profile since February, the moment he was online. However, he didn't have a photo up then, so I ignored his profile. -- Whatever -- the time was right when it was right.

    But (as I've said often to Juliette) online dating requires 1) patience and 2) doggedness.
    Without those qualities, you won't make it to the end.

    However, at your youthful age, you might meet someone in the non-virtual world.

    However again, the son of my last year's bf (Plan C) met his new bride four years ago on jdate when they were both in their 20s, so it does work for kids your age!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi - I hold to your success story as proof that I, too, can find a gem amongst the clods. Fingers doggedly crosed. :) ~Ruby

    ReplyDelete