Sunday, March 28, 2010

Out With the Old, In With the New

Crush schmush. I've been too busy to give matters of the heart much thought.

See, I landed a dream job. Yes, please--pat me on the back because in these economic times (and in this small valley) finding a good job is as legendary as a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I am still pinching myself! I have two weeks left at my old job and then it's on to bigger and better things--and with new employment comes new people. New man people! Though I would rather not date someone at work, the network is greatly expanded with a new job. You know.

In other news, Bill helped me out the other day. I was working on a photo shoot and needed a hand model at the last minute. Bill is looking good--all trim and angular. While we were talking he hinted at taking someone out for dinner, under the auspices of complaining about meal prices here in the NV--but really, I know he wanted me to ask, "Are you seeing someone then?" I didn't ask.

I miss him some and I suppose if I didn't have this new job looming gloriously in the near future I might have done something to worm my way back in. I'm glad I haven't, though, because I wouldn't want to risk hurting him twice, and though I care for him greatly I don't know that I love him the way I should.

The women I was with, though, later told me he was soooo cute and why did I ever leave him? It's true, Bill is conventionally hot (especially now that he's a lean, mean bachelor machine) but ... hotness only gets you so far, I guess.

Anyway, it's on to bigger and better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment