Monday, April 5, 2010

Calm Before the Storm?

I feel like I haven't been holding up my end of the blogging bargain because, my sweets, I have nothing going on romantically ... and I am fine with it. I have too much going on otherwise! Too much excitement over the new job, too many plans for an updated wardrobe, too many starry-eyed dreams for the future ...

But I have started doing something that I haven't done in ages: I've been noticing men. That is, I scope out rooms and I look around to see if I I, in turn, have been spotted. Vain? Yes. But it's also part of the whole dating ritual. Catch an eye and you never know ... Also, I am taking mental notes on what men I find attractive seem to be drawn to.

And just who do I find attractive? Dammit, the sensitive, artistic types. It's true. Most of my guys fall into this category. Guy (my last boyfriend) was more sensitive than most women I know--ugh! So now I want to swing the other way (though not completely). I still like that strong, silent type--but I'd like a little pinch of outgoingness, too.

Whatever. Show me a handsome man at the back of the room and I'll show you one very interested woman. (TOTGA had this quality in spades, and no matter how much I tell myself that he was a lurker, I know it isn't true. He was an observer, and I love that, damn him.)

I promise I'll scare up a good story soon, but for now it's a lot of quality time with the girlfriends--dining out at fabulous NV restaurants. It's a tough life, but I'm happy to live it.

2 comments:

  1. well, if there is nothing to report about the men, at least report about the job and wardrobe?? i for one am curious (and living vicariously)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anon: I'll see what I can scare up. ;)

    ReplyDelete