Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bill? Is that you?

I've been in contact with Bill lately. Yes, that's right, Bill--the ex. (The ex before Guy. The one who I escaped the heartbreak of TOTGA for.) I've been in contact with him mostly because of work things (he's managing some projects for us) but also because of a computer in my possession that belongs to him.

It's snuck up on me, but I am sure you are a step ahead of me and know what I am about to type here: I miss him.

I'm suspicious of this, of course. Why didn't I miss him all summer? I distinctly remember feeling relieved when we broke up ... But sad, too. We were such good friends.

I don't plan to do anything about this. I need to sit with this feeling and see what it's all about. But I wonder if the situation with Guy has just opened my eyes to how compatible Bill and I really were and how good a thing that was. I wonder if, having finally gotten over TOTGA, I see Bill for who he is, all the good along with all those faults.

Usually I think the instinct to break up is the right thing and that it's better to not go back on it. I'm curious, though: Have ever gotten back together with an ex with positive results? Or do you know anyone who has?

2 comments:

  1. I got back together with an ex and I thought the results were positive. . .until it all blew up in my face and I ended up even more heartbroken than the first time around. :(

    Not to imply that the same thing would happen to you. You should think on it and trust your gut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, just the cautionary tale I need. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete