Friday, March 19, 2010

Springtime crush

It feels like early summer (instead of barely spring) here in California. The birds are twittering, leaves are leafing, and I ... well I have a crush. I know--how spring-like!

Crush is a contract worker at my place of work. He's been around for a couple of years, and I always thought he was interesting to look at (I've only ever seen him from a distance--though sometimes a small distance, it's true). Well dammit, Ruby, why don't you talk to him? Yes, I am scarily good at reading your minds.

I have talked to him--on the phone. And the distressing thing is, I don't think he has put my voice and face together. Because when I see him (from a distance, short or long) I know he notices me. Yeah, I know--you're clicking your tongues and asking me why I haven't marched my perky self up to him and introduced myself.

Because ... I just recognized the crush two days ago and haven't seen him in the interim. Is that good enough for you?

Anyway, he's probably married--he's confident and authoritative and those types always seem to have taken their vows.

But a crush is sure fun. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You need to check that important body part, the second finger on the left hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mimi: So true! I forgot to mention: his ring finger is beautifully nekkid BUT he works with machinery on occasion, so it's possible that he doesn't wear the ring for fear of losing the appendage. Damned practicality! ~Ruby

    ReplyDelete