Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wonders Never Cease

There I am, ready to write an update (there's news!) when I get a comment from LV, asking about the very subject of my update: ATM/sushi guy. She's psychic, that LV!

I hadn't heard from A/S since the sushi (and D's subsequent "claim"). I think he liked a photo of mine on Facebook (I looked quite fetching--it was taken a couple of years ago), but otherwise ... hush.

And then he messaged me on FB Tuesday inviting me to A Cool Thing and then dinner. Dinner! A proper freakin' date! The big day is Saturday, and I am scrambling for something to wear--I'm such a girl.

So, yes, finally a little action in N___ (though he doesn't live in this tiny town--of course! a positive, actually). Things are looking up. The confidence is boosted. I feel younger, thinner, smarter, sexier. And all because of a date.

Pathetic? Nah. Not at my age, in this weird wine world.

Even better: I have no expectations.

By the way, some of you might wonder how D's taking this. Not to worry: she did meet a man back east and is heart-thumpingly twitterpated. He's visiting soon. I told her about A/S tonight and said I hoped it wouldn't be weird. She appeared enthusiastic and the only odd thing she said was, "But are you attracted to him?" As if she didn't believe I would be. What tall girl wouldn't be attracted to a tall man with twinkly eyes and dimples? I ask you! (D usually has far different taste in men than I do. The men she finds attractive I find smarmy. Go figure.)

1 comment:

  1. Hoorah! This sounds promising. Curious to hear how things went.

    ReplyDelete