Sunday, July 25, 2010

Social Newbie

I am having a mini, well-controlled freak-out. Worse, it's for no good reason.

Most of us, by my age, know how to be casual around men and how to just hang out. Well, gosh, I don't, and there's a guy coming over to my house in an hour to help me fix something.

It's innocuous, on one hand, and then also not: he jumped at the chance to help me with this thing and the email he wrote when he offered to do so was so clever and carefully written that I suspect he's interested.

On the other hand, this isn't a date. I don't know what the expectations here are. I'd like to invite him in for a beer, but I'm not good at those kind of casual invitations that other people seem to pull off. I don't know how to be platonic with guys--with guys who are interesting, that is.

Ack.

Well, I've continued my flirtations out there in the world, befriending a hunky musician Friday night (I swear, all the women were practically throwing their panties at him) and last night I was friendly with a music mogul-type, which landed my friends and I excellent seats at a concert.

See, friendliness counts. I hope I can be friendly/casual/cool when this guy comes over in a few moments! (I die.)

1 comment:

  1. Just curious... have you talked to a shrink about this? Take a deep breath... and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete