Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Man Circle

I went out last night--a rare occurrence. Well, actually no--not rare. But in this case there was a whole, big group of us, men and women, and we were all celebrating someone's birthday and a friend of mine was driving me. And so I kicked up my heels more than usual.

We talked about men--three or four of us single girls and a married friend. The married friend asked if we'd created our "man circle," which she described as drawing a circle on a piece of paper and writing all the attributes and qualities you wanted in a man. One then affixes this paper to a prominent location, "like your refrigerator," she said, "although you can put it on the side so not just anyone will see it." She said she met her husband days after creating her man circle.

I can actually see the benefit of narrowing what you're looking for in a tangible way because then one isn't distracted by the cutie who doesn't have a job or who's hung up on his ex or whatever. I suppose I shall give it a go.

But I suspect my problem (at the moment) isn't identifying attributes and qualities but meeting men period. I need to work on that, first of all. Jeez. First and foremost: I need to stop wearing heels on social occasions. They put me in the stratosphere, and while that used to be a strategy to keep the boys at bay, I now see the value in approachability.

OKCupid is killing me. Still writing that one guy, but neither of us seem too hot to meet each other. I'm ready to take down the profile.

2 comments:

  1. I take it there aren't many OK Cupid options out there? Bummer.

    I do like the idea of making a list about what you're really looking for -- looking forward to seeing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, LV, the OKCupid man-pickings are slim here. Yet, I persevere ... halfheartedly. ~Ruby

    ReplyDelete