Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Scratch That

Ahem.

What would you do if your very recent ex said: You're right. I've been moving too quickly. Three months is no time at all. I'm sorry. Can we make this work?

If you cared for him at all you might open up your arms and hold onto him tight and let a few gigantic tears make a mess of your face. Well, this is what I did, for better or worse.

And at the moment, I feel good about it--if a little sheepish. The breakup was real, trust me. And I would have been okay with it. But I am glad that we're together again.

The passive aggression is an interesting note, which I will be keeping an eye out for. (More on this later.) Luckily for us, I don't fly off the handle and am very calm and measured when faced with ridiculousness. We might turn out to be a good match yet!

3 comments:

  1. Aww... I'm so happy for you! Here's to second chances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news and you don't even have to block him on match! Things aren't so cut and dry as they were when we were 20. It's a good move to take the second chance. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds good; and hey, well, it's not marriage! It can be ended again, if necessary, without benefit of lawyer. But I hope it works....

    ReplyDelete