Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Former Love Marries

Ugh. TOTGA got married.

I was over him, but still: at first the news (brought to me via a mutual friend's Facebook posts) hit me in the gut. And though I haven't obsessed or rent my hair, I am sad about it. It doesn't help that his new wife is reputably as crazy as his ex. (I like to think I'd be happy for him if he'd married well when in truth I might have given in to jealousy.)

What is it with nice guys and The Crazy? Or maybe TOTGA is less nice and more stupid than I imagined. (Come, come, Ruby. Where's your generous spirit?)

I do have a second date with A/S this coming weekend, so I'm happy about that. He asked me out again right away but through a vicious game of phone tag. We haven't actually spoken since the first date, which seems weird and Not Good to me. But ... I am heeding EMK's advice on mirroring and not stressing. Plus, there's something nice about just saying, "We'll see what happens," and leaving it there.

Otherwise, my dating prospects are slim to nil and that, coupled with TOTGA's marriage and my dark and hopeful thoughts for their unhappiness (so unlike me!), is depressing.

1 comment:

  1. There is Absolutely Nothing Wrong with wishing unhappiness on an ex. It's just fine, and you better believe it, at any given moment 1.45 million people are wishing unhappiness on their newly-married ex. What are you, a saint or something? No, you're just one of us. Do Not Be Depressed by your "dark" thoughts. Join the club. -- Hey, you have a second date with someone you like, and TOTGA's marriage will probably fail after 7.67 years.

    In short, Cheer Up.

    ReplyDelete