Thursday, November 5, 2009

Second Date Soon!

I would rename Guy #1 with something more clever, but "Guy #1" is an auspicious title. What are the chances that I'd meet someone with whom I clicked so well on the first date? And not just any first date but the first Match date? Crazy.

We've been emailing every day and he called me the other night. There's been a lot of flirtation and just all around good stuff. Of course, per usual, I am starting to get a little worried: what if we're building up expectations of one another? What if the next time we see each other we're all, "Oh, never mind." It could happen.

I don't think it will. I think we'll get a good second date out of this on Sunday, for sure, and I know we're both hoping for more.

There are, of course, some really interesting details I wish I could share with you, but I don't want to be googled and found. Alas.

Guy #2 finally emailed me today. Busy week, he said and he asked about my schedule, which happens to be absolutely full for the next two weeks, thanks to Guy #1 and a BIG Work Thing. I'll email him back and suggest that we look two weeks out. I like him fine; I just can't picture myself with him. And it could be that he was nervous on the date or uninterested deep down or who knows?

Anyway, my fingers are crossed for Guy #1.

2 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed for you too. This is the fun part of finding someone who has a nutual attraction for you - the getting to know each other. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed here as well! Can't wait to hear about the date.

    ReplyDelete