Monday, November 16, 2009

Two Weeks and Two Days

It's been a short time since Guy #1 and I met, and we seem to have gravitated immediately towards a relationship. A little scary, if you ask me. Haven't I always said that the relationships that burn the brightest die the fastest? (Such a skeptic!)

He's a romantic and has an accompanying tender heart, which I love because it's so different from mine--rather matter-of-fact. He is effusive and appreciative and shy, too, which makes his sweet words ring all the more true. (See "skeptic" above--I usually take fair words with a hunk of salt.) Some of my friends met him at an event this weekend and ever since they've been telling me how great he is. "It's obvious he adores you," they say, "and he's so good looking!"

As it happens, yes and yes. But I love most how we can communicate with one another. This is true blue.

"For now," the skeptic says, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to enjoy this feeling -- um, dare I say that you're feeling "giddy"? ;)

    But it's also good to stay grounded, with a dose of skepticism.

    Hm, I haven't been on Match in ages -- it's sounding pretty good right now!

    ReplyDelete