Friday, August 28, 2009

Slippers for Cinderella

I feel a little silly for having launched into a tirade about the lack of men in the Napa Valley when such a short time later, one of these supposedly rare men has asked me out on a date.

Yes, that's right, I do have a date. One where the guy actually called me up and asked me out--offered to pick me up, even!

Gentlemen, take note: small gestures are lovely. Traditional dating can set a girl's heart to fluttering.

It's true! And this is one of the reasons I've been dating men 10 years or so older than me: They know how to ask a woman out. It isn't this, "Hey, so, uh, wanna hang out some time?" business. So unattractive!

So I have a date, and I know what I'll wear--except for my shoes. My shoe collection (such as it is) needs revitalizing. Will I be able to find something by tomorrow evening? If you don't feel the suspense, I sure do!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the date! So what else will you be wearing? I'm still in search of the perfect first date dress -- or rather, just a dress that makes me feel utterly fabulous. I have plenty of "OK" dresses.

    I digress -- welcome back to the wonderful world of date blogging!

    Did you meet Mr Saturday Night in real life, or online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps -- just gave you a shoutout on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LV: Oh, I know! It's so hard to find that fabulous dress/outfit. I think instead of aiming to have one, we should have several. My dress is flattering and "Napa Valley casual"--I'll post something on this soon.

    I met Mr. Sat. Night in real life, shock of all shocks. Not so sure I want to get back into the online thing, but the Napa Valley may force my hand. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete