Monday, December 21, 2009

Keeping the Fires Stoked

Well, I can say for sure that when I began this blog (not that long ago) I had no expectation of sliding into a relationship so soon. And yet, here I am: in a relationship. And it's a good one, if new.

What to do? Is there anything more deadly dull than a dating blog that has turned into a "lah-dee-dah, I'm in a relationship" blog? This bears no reflection on those of you lucky dating bloggers who are also now enjoying secure relationships. Ahem. I speak for myself. Because, honestly, what am I to write about?

I'm not counting chickens prior to hatching or anything, but at this very early point in our relationship, I have to say that I am impressed with our ability to communicate. I think if that we can keep this up, we'll be in good shape.

But here's something you can weigh in on (if you dare): My relationships have usually topped out somewhere in the 4 - 7-month range--most often ended by yours truly. At the 2 - 3-month mark, I tend to lose interest sexually, and I think this is because this is the point where I realize that we are mentally/emotionally incompatible. Of course, my fear is that I have a viciously low libido that can't sustain over longer hauls. I argue (with myself, it's true) that my libido is just terribly sensitive and can't keep the fires stoked if the attraction has died on the mental/emotional level. Has anyone else experienced this? Or can you even fathom that this could be a possibility? I appreciate your reassurance. ;)

Because Guy is just dear and so generous and sweet. I'd like us to keep going, and I guess this is one of those things where only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. I'd say, Don't worry yet about the end! At age 62 I finally have a wonderful romance - finally finally -- so who knows how people can change? I would just hang in there and see what happens. -- This is dull advice -- just enjoyed a Very Long Christmas day -- fun but it felt like two days -- so I'm not at my sagest. In brief: patterns can be broken. You'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your posts and still enjoy reading about what it's like on the 'inside' so keep writing! Regarding you questioning sex,it helped me to look at astrology and get some insight to why I behave the way I do. As a converted non-believer, I now take a look at a man's birth chart and get a really good idea how to approach things. Besides, it's just fun to see what things they may find as a turn on but haven't expressed yet. Don't jump ship yet.

    ReplyDelete